Saturday 21 March 2015

Snapshots from Siena

Helloooo! :)
I'm home for almost a week I think and I still didn't post photos from my last weekend trip in Italy. Actually it was a penultimate weekend...but it was the last trip weekend.
Leo took us to Siena. We went with Leo only, because Hanka was out of town. So Leo was taking care of us and he said that he feels like a dad when he's looking after us and going on trips with us. Which was really sweet, so since then we call him dad Leo and mom Hanka. So yeah...that happened. I have Italian parents now, which is amazing, haha!
When we arrived to Siena, I was impressed! That city is so beautiful! All those little streets between houses, small restaurants, gelaterias and other little shops...it was wonderful. We visited Piazza del Campo where you can find Palazzo Pubblico or Tore del Mangia. Leo told me about Palio di Siena, which is a horse race that is held twice each year, on July 2 and August 16. Ten horses and riders are riding bareback and in appropriate colours in a circles on Piazza del Campo representing ten of the seventeen contrade. The race itself lasts about 90 seconds and the horses with their jockeys needs to ride 3 circles around the square. It is common that a few of the jockeys to be thrown off their horses while making the treacherous turns in the piazza.
We also visited Siena cathedral which was assolutamente incredibile! It was the most gorgeous cathedral I've ever seen!
Alright guys...no more talking, let's have a look on the photos. Enojy!






Oh...who is this? Yes, it's dad Leo, haha!











Siena cathedral...look at this gorgeous!


God...it's simply stunning!










Aaand that's the end (unfortunately). I hope you enjoyed the photos, because I did...makes me feel so sad I'm back home, but...I missed my family and all my pets. Next time I'll be in Italy, my pets, family and friends are going with me! And we can live there happily forever, haha.
I am also preparing an article about what I bought in Italy for all shopaholics here, then I want to do another article about my sketching diary where I'll be showing you my sketches from Italy and also I promised you to write the article about the fellowship in Florence, what I did here and other stuff about it. So you can look forward to all of these articles I mentioned...Maybe one of them will be up tomorrow, but this isn't a promise, because I have a lot of school stuff to do right now and I have a really little time, so...I'll try, okay? 
Have a lovely rest of the day, everyone. Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment