Saturday 27 December 2014

Currently Reading #1


Some of you may noticed that I am a passionate lover of books. I have hundreds of them (I don't lie, promise). I prefer to buy my own books, because then I don't need to look for a date when I have to give it back to a rental or my friend. And because I love looking on my library full of books and I love collecting them (same with my makeup, haha)
I'm currently reading three books. Two of them are fantasy, because I am a big fantasy book lover! And the third is something like a soul master/helper for artists.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
This is a fifth part of this series and I need to say The Mortal Instruments is my favourite fantasy series I've ever read! Seriously! The plot is gripping and the fact that we have something new in fantasy world like shadow hunters instead of vampires, werewolves or witches is amazing. That is what I love about it. These books are pretty thick but I've read them like in a two or three days when I was on a holiday.

The Watchtower by Lee Carol
Second part of this series. Another fantasy, storyline connets to a previous book so you need to read the first book. It's about a young woman, she's working as an artist and repairman of antiques and in the first book she opened a magic box and launched ancient demons. She fell in love with a charming vampire, then something happened (I don't want to tell you the whole plot in case you want to read it) and the box disappeared. And in this book she is looking for the lovely vampire who may has the box.

Artist's way by Julia Cameron
This comes from a category of spiritual literature and personal development and it helps artists to find their lost creativity. It has some writing exercises which helps you break away your negative thoughts, so you have clear mind for your work. Definitely try this one, because it really works. You don't have to be a professional artist. This book is for everybody who needs a little help with their creativity. You can use this book only because you like crafting or you like to draw or sing, play the musical instrument...whatever. Give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment