Friday 12 December 2014

5 days in Paris: Day 1

   I've been to Paris in October for 5 days. I've gone with my school by bus and we visited many sights. When we arrived to Paris, everybody broken because of the long night on the bus the first stop was the Eiffel Tower! How lovely haha.We all were tired but we were also so excited that we finally arrived so we've jumped out of the bus, bought tickets and started climbing the Eiffel Tower. I am a bit scared of heights so I made it to second floor and that was enough for me. The view was stunning! We saw Sienna from the second floor of Eiffel Tower and all the people under us down there were so small. I couldn't believe it. The most frightening was when you looked down on the floor you actually saw the people under your feets because the floor was made by glass or plastic!!! That wasn't really good for me so I went down and waited for others. I was enjoying the view on Eiffel Tower and got friendly with french pigeons haha.
   The next stop was Les Invalides which is The National Redisdence of the Invalids. It is the burial site for some of France's war heroes, notably Napoleon Bonaparte. 
   Arc de Triomphe (Arch of Triumph of the Stars). One of the most famous monuments in Paris. It stands at the western end of Champs-Élysées.
   Then we headed to Louvre. That place was amazing! It was so big and beautiful! I was amazed by the glass pyramid! We saw so many significant works e.g. Mona Lisa, The Seated Scribe or The Nike of Samothrace. It was amazing. It was so enormous that we couldn't see most of the works. Then we headed to a park where we had meeting with teachers and our guide so we were sunbathing by the lagoon watching other people...simply gorgeous and lovely day.
   After that we made it to our hotel where we were staying for the whole 5 days. I was so tired that I literally just hopped to the shower, washed myself and fell to the bed and fell asleep immediately.
Have you ever been to Paris? How did you like it? I fell in love with this city immediately. I really did. This city is full of surprises, good looking, romantic and also has its two parts which I didn't know until we visited the ultra modern part of Paris the next day. Stay tuned.
























No comments:

Post a Comment